Braganca Law LLC represents investors and policyholders in recovering losses from securities brokers, investment advisors, and insurance brokers/companies. Lisa Braganca's experience as an SEC Branch Chief with the Enforcement Division gives her a unique and valuable perspective in representing investors in court and FINRA arbitration, in representing whistleblowers reporting fraud to SEC and other regulators, and in representing employees and investment professionals in regulator investigations. Lisa has represented policyholders in obtaining insurance coverage, including a federal court jury verdict of $4.2 million plus $10 million in punitive damages for bad faith. She has successfully represented individuals targeted by, and involved in, regulatory investigations including SEC investigations of fraud and insider trading. Lisa has represented employees in negotiating separation agreements and in resolving employment disputes. She is a NITA trial practice and deposition skills instructor and has taught classes for legal aid attorneys.
- Officers and employees of subprime auto lender who engaged in accounting fraud and insider trading
- Officers and employees of public company who violated the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act by bribing foreign customs officials
- Promoter of fraudulent offering of so-called prime bank instruments
- Officers of broker-dealers who manipulated market for small capitalization (over-the-counter) stock
- Traders who manipulated options markets through spoofing or small lot orders